Jing Chenggui. IMPORTANCE OF MINERALOGICAL RESEARCHES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT AND IMPROVEMENT OF ORE PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY (CHINA DEPOSITS AS AN EXAMPLE)
IMPORTANCE OF MINERALOGICAL RESEARCHES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT AND IMPROVEMENT OF ORE PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY (CHINA DEPOSITS AS AN EXAMPLE)
Jing Chenggui 1, Wang Shoulun 1, O.Yu. Palkina 2, T.D. Poddubna 3, V.V. Ivanisov 3
1 Sinosteel. Tianjin Geological Academy Co., Ltd
42, Youyi Road, Tianjin, China, 300061
E-ail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
2 Ukraine Mineralogical Society
43, Acad. Palladin Ave., Kyiv, Ukraine, 03142
3 Academy of Mining Sciences of Ukraine
37, Pushkin Str., Kryvyi Rig, Ukraine, 50002
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mineralogical journal 2019, 41 (4): 31-39
Joint studies between the Mineral Raw Materials Laboratory of the Tianjin Geological Academy (TGA, People’s Republic of China) and Ukrainian scientists were carried out more than two decades and aimed at development of effective ore-dressing methods for various types of mineral raw materials - gold, polymetallic, iron and manganese ores from a number of Chinese deposits. The studies have shown a real potential for optimization of the existing technological processes of ore dressing. During the last four years, iron and gold deposits have been studies. A comprehensive technological solution based on application of magnetic separation, classification and gravitational methods was proposed for ore dressing of iron ore from the Anshan deposit. As a result, high-grade iron concentrates with minimal content of harmful impurities are obtained.Technological processing schemes which reduce the loss of gold by 20-30% are proposed for gold ore from the Yangdzekon deposit. The authors are confident that further large-scale technological tests of primary ores and their waste enrichment will completely eliminate the costs of fine grinding and flotation reagents. As a result, environment-friendly, resource-saving and cost-effective enrichment scheme will be developed. The main achievement of these studies is the possibility of industrial commissioning of the developed ore processing schemes for in the near future.
Keywords: mineral enrichment, oxidized iron ores, gold ores, processing, enrichment waste, resource-saving technologies.
- Ginzburg, A.I., Kuzmin, V.I. and Sidorenko, G.A. (1981), Mineralogical studies in the practice of exploration, Nedra, Moscow, RU, 237 p. [in Russian].
- Isoitko, V.M. (1997), Technological mineralogy and ore evaluation, Nauka, St. Petersburg, RU, 582 p. [in Russian].
- Palkin, I., Palkina, E. and Wang, Shoulun (2014), Materialy 8 nauk. chytan' im. akad. Ye. Lazarenka, Lvіv-Chinadіyeve, 11-14 veres. 2014, in Matkovskyi, O.I. (ed.), І. Franko Lviv Univ., UA, pp. 128-132 [in Ukrainian].
- Palkina, E.Yu. (2012), Materials of the Intern. sci. and practical conf., Simferopol-Sudak, Septem. 17-23, 2012, Akademperiodyka, Kyiv, UA, pp. 131-133 [in Russian].
- Pirogov, B.I. (2010), Modern problems of technological mineralogy. Technological mineralogy, mineral processing methods and new materials, Karelian Sci. Center of Russian Academy of Sci., Petrozavodsk, RU, pp. 7-23 [in Russian].
- Ostapenko, P.E. (ed.) (1990), Technological evaluation of mineral raw materials. Field testing. Characteristics of raw materials: Handbook, Nedra, Moscow, RU, 272 p. [in Russian].